Oil and Gas Projects
/ Oil and Gas Projects
Specific Areas of Expertise
- All aspects of water-soluble polymers, including polymer flooding, rheology and field measurement methods.
- Chemical methods of conformance control.
- Chemically enhanced oil recovery.
- Design and operation of lab equipment suitable for high temperature, sour gas wells.
- Design and development of acid stimulation treatments for newly developed and mature reservoirs.
- Chemical additives used in acid stimulation and fracturing treatments.
- Development and application of chemical measurement techniques for lab and field use.
- Theory and techniques to measure acid reaction rates of reservoir rocks and minerals using the rotating disk instrument.
- Scaling predictions using SOLMINEQ.
- More than 30 publications including 5 chapters in technical books.
- Screened Alberta oil reservoirs for surfactant and polymer enhanced alkaline flooding, including David Lloydminster, Wainwright Sparky, Illerbrun, Chauvin, Sibbald and Taber fields.
- Waterflood and chemical improved oil recovery evaluation for the Pembina Bear Lake unit, Alberta, Canada.
- Key member of the team that developed and implemented the first successful acid treatment program in the Shaybah field.
- Evaluated acid stimulation treatments and developed treatment guidelines in the Ghawar field (Shedgum, Hawiyah, Haradh, Uthmaniyah). Work led to reduced well damage during acidizing treatments.
- Evaluated and improved acidizing treatments of seawater injection wells in the Ghawar field.
- Developed lab techniques for evaluation of proppants for gas well fracture treatment, primarily in the Khuff and Jauf gas reservoirs.
- Planned, purchased and set up high pressure, high temperature equipment for evaluation of formation damage in Khuff gas wells. Trained technicians on equipment.
- Purchased and successfully set up rotating disk equipment for measurement of acid reaction rates in Khuff gas reservoir. Trained technicians on equipment.
- Evaluated chemical sand consolidation treatment in Haradh field.
- Evaluated water shutoff techniques for use in Ghawar field.
- Extensive involvement with equipping new lab facilities at the Saudi Aramco R&D Center.